“What we instil in our children will be the foundation on which they build their future.” Steve Maraboli
My name is Lily and I am an Ofsted registered childminder in Brockley,
I look after children from 6 months to 8 years, providing gentle childcare in a home environment where your child can feel safe and cherished. Our routine combines indoor and outdoor play at home with daily outings to local playgroups and parks and sometimes further afield. We do lots of music and singing together, we make a lot of mess, we learn things about mini-beasts, birds and other outdoor stuff, sometimes we do craft and collage and other times we just like to play with the glue. We have fun together, generally.
I am a qualified Early Years Teacher, have worked in both nursery and childminding settings and have 12 years of childcare experience.
Based in the Brockley area, I’m close to Myatt Garden school and within 5 minutes walking distance from New Cross and Brockley train stations.
Working from our family home, situated in a quiet side street away from heavy traffic, I can offer:
- dedicated playrooms and a large garden with plenty of room to spread out and run around
- daily outings to parks and play groups and sometimes further afield;
- a wide range of opportunities for play and learning, including: music and dancing; messy play; painting; sand and water; den-making; pretend play; story-telling; dancing; running round the park and all sorts of other things;
- 7 years experience as a childminder and heaps of enthusiasm and imagination;
- a child-centred, human scale approach to childcare.
I hold an up to date paediatric first aid qualification and, in addition to my Early Years Teacher training, have attended childcare and safeguarding courses. I’m also a graduate and have ‘A’ level Maths and English.
I am registered to provide the free 30 hours childcare per week for 3 and 4 year olds and the funded 15 hours for 2 year olds. I am also registered to receive childcare vouchers (both old scheme and new taxfreechildcare scheme).
I am married and have two children: two boys aged 8 and 12.